[KS] preliminary job announcement

Sun Joo Kim sunjookim1 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 23 16:55:19 EST 2017

I am posting this on behalf of Professor Oh Soo-chang at Seoul National University. Please contact him for all inquiries.

Dear colleagues,

This is a preliminary job announcement.

In late March 2017, the Department of Korean History at Seoul National University will be inviting applications for a full-time, tenure-line faculty position in Korean history (rank open) to begin in September 2017. We seek an international scholar with outstanding research and teaching credentials who will play an integral role in the continuing development and globalization of the field of Korean history as well as enhancing diversity at our university. We prefer a scholar who specializes in modern Korean history, although all areas of specialization will receive due consideration. Teaching will be at both the graduate and undergraduate levels. Candidates must have earned a Ph.D. by August 2017 and will be expected to teach in English. Written and oral fluency in both English and Korean is essential, and native-level competence in either language will be an asset. Please contact Professor Oh Soo-chang at ohsoo at snu.ac.kr<mailto:ohsoo at snu.ac.kr> for more information.

Sincerely yours,

Oh Soo-chang, Chair

Department of Korean History, Seoul National University