[KS] Call for Papers: American Academy of Religion Annual Conference in Boston, Mass., Nov. 18-21, 2017
rick_mcbride17 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 26 01:56:42 EST 2017
Dear Members of the Korean Studies Discussion List
The Korean Religions Unit of the AAR invites you to submit proposals for individual papers, paper panels, or round-table panels.
Any proposal relating to Korea and religion will be considered, but particular consideration will be given to proposals addressing the themes listed below.
Overarching Topic: Religion Crossing Borders
Subtopics (tying also into the Presidential Theme of Religion and the Most Vulnerable):
* Religion and Minorities (racial, social, sexual, etc.) in Korea
* Religion and Migration in Korea
* Migrant Workers, Immigrants, and Religion in Korea
* Populism, Xenophobia, Racism, Provincialism: Constructive Religious Responses (How might religion overcome mass rage, mass nationalism, etc.?)
* Colonialism, Postcolonialism, and Korean Religions
Proposer names are visible to chairs but anonymous to steering committee members
Deadline: March 1, 2017
Membership is not required to submit a proposal in response to the Call for Papers. However, all participants accepted to the program must be current (2017) AAR members and registered for the Annual Meeting by June 30, 2017.
For more information on requirements to participate see: https://www.aarweb.org/annual-meeting/call-for-papers#Requirements
Rick McBride and Bunny Torry
Co-chairs, Korean Religions Unit
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Koreanstudies