[KS] Engage Korea Online Courses on the DPRK - Healthcare and Considering Economic Engagement

Ye jin Kang yjnkng88 at gmail.com
Fri May 19 23:25:55 EDT 2017

Dear Korean Studies Online Discussion List subscribers,

Engage Korea is a student­-driven humanitarian and educational initiative
on North Korea. We hosted our debut conference at Oxford University in
2013, and we followed this successful meeting with an equally stimulating
congress at Harvard University in 2014 and University of Cambridge in 2015
that brought together graduate students, junior scholars, and seasoned
professionals to discuss ways of offering education, healthcare, and
economic opportunities to the people of the DPRK.

In an effort to extend our discussions outside of our conference venues, we
are now offering our online educational courses on the DPRK featuring
academics and professionals with extensive knowledge about the DPRK. These
short courses are designed for scholars, practitioners, policy analysts and
qualified students who are selected through an application process. We
launched our first course  on healthcare in the summer of 2015.  In the
summer of 2017, we will offer a second iteration of the healthcare course
and will also offer an economic engagement course.

Courses in 2017

Dates offered

Application Deadline

Healthcare

Mid-July to mid-August

May 28,2017 Form
<http://engagekorea.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97fb394bb6c695746b3a964f1&id=cb38b74315&e=44e4d1c95f>

Considering Economic Engagement

12 June to 6 August

May 28, 2017 Form
<http://engagekorea.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97fb394bb6c695746b3a964f1&id=9b51d0695b&e=44e4d1c95f>

The cost of each DPRK Webinar Series Short Course is US$5.00, which will be
collected through PayPal to help cover online platform costs and
administrative fees. Any remaining funds will be used to help Engage Korea
further its educational efforts. Questions should be directed to
engagekorea at gmail.com.

Find out more about us at www.engagekorea.org and please sign up for our
listserv if you are interested.