[KS] [Call for Papers] By Korea University - 6th Annual Korea University Korean History Graduate Student Conference: Overturning Assumptions and Creating New Approaches to Korean History

김진혁 jinhyouk at korea.ac.kr
Wed Nov 1 11:23:26 EDT 2017

[Call for Papers] By Korea University - 6th Annual Korea University Korean History Graduate Student Conference: Overturning Assumptions and Creating New Approaches to Korean History

6th Annual Korea University Korean History Graduate Student Conference:

Overturning Assumptions and Creating New Approaches to Korean History

Korea University, Seoul, South Korea

Friday, April 27th, 2018

The Korea University Korean History (KUKH) Graduate Student Conference invites graduate students from around the world and conducting research in Korean history to submit abstracts for our 2018 conference. The KUKH Graduate Student Conference is an annual conference which aims to provide a forum for graduate students to exchange ideas and discuss current research on Korean history. This conference on Korea University’s Anam campus in Seoul is an opportunity for young scholars to present their research to both their peers and eminent scholars. The conference will also enable participants to meet others in their field conducting similar research, and to gain experience in presenting their work for discussion.

The 2018 Annual Korea University Korean History Graduate Student Conference special theme is “Overturning Assumptions and Creating New Approaches to Korean History”and welcomes papers that focus on any historical time period. Scholars with bold and different approaches help to deepen our understanding of history and build on already constructed ideas through new interpretations. Our 2018 conference provides a space for young researchers studying Korean history with innovative ideas to push our perspectives forward.

The 2017 conference was held in conjunction with the 2017 AAS-in-ASIA Conference, one day before the AAS conference began, and had sixty presenters with three sessions including East Asian History, Korean Literature, Language and Culture, Japanese and Chinese Studies. The 2018 conference will return to its original focus on Korean history and we encourage graduate students to submit papers on topics related to Korean history.

Eligibility and Application Guidelines:

1.  Applicants must be currently enrolled in a program of graduate study ("postgraduate" in British degree classification systems).

2.  Papers must be related to Korean history.

3.  Abstracts must be no longer than 250 words.

4.  Deadline for abstract submission: Sunday, December 31st, 2017, 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

5.  Please include your name, program of graduate study, and contact information with your abstract submission.

Successful applicants will be notified of acceptance by mid-January.

Housing: Housing will be available for those presenting papers.

Inquiries: For general conference and abstract submission inquiries, please contact:

koreahistoryconference at gmail.com

www.facebook.com/KoreaUniversityKoreanHistory