[KS] New database available on CrossAsia

Dunkel, Carolin Carolin.Dunkel at sbb.spk-berlin.de
Fri Feb 9 06:19:05 EST 2018

Dear colleagues,

Those of you who are located in Germany and are registered at CrossAsia might be interested in our new database Asia and the West:  Diplomacy and cultural Exchange.

The archive covers relations of the United States and Great Britain to East Asian and Southeast Asian countries from the middle of the 19th century to the first half of the 20th century. China and Japan are represented most extensively but I would like to point out the materials on Korea and the Southeast Asian countries.

The database's focus on diplomatic materials is complemented by materials of missionary history and missionary magazines.

Asia and the West:  Diplomacy and cultural Exchange belongs to the bigger collection Nineteenth Century Collections Online by Gale.

For further information in German please refer to our CrossAsia blog<https://blog.crossasia.org/neue-datenbank-asia-and-the-west-diplomacy-and-cultural-exchange/>.

Best regards,

Carolin Dunkel
--