[KS] Christianity

Carl Young carlfyoung at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 17 08:31:29 EST 2018

Dear Hyaewol,

I appreciate your reply.  I understand that this is only a one day workshop and that presentations are limited.  My concern is the use of the word "Christianity" as shorthand for only Protestant Christianity.  In this particular case, the best shorthand to use would be "Protestantism", which would be the more accurate term.  Protestants are Christian, but not all Christians are Protestant, and therefore it is problematic to use the term "Christianity" to only encompass Protestant Christianity.  This is a bit of a question of rectification of names, but words are important, and using the most accurate terms to express ideas is important in our academic discourse.

Best,

Carl