[KS] RAS Korea in October / November

Brother Anthony ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr
Mon Oct 8 21:29:24 EDT 2018

Members of this list are more than welcome to join the activities of the Royal Asiatic Society listed below. Full details are in our home page  http://www.raskb.com/

For the first time since 2012 the RAS is holding a Book Sale October 11 - November 11, offering books published by us in decades past as radically cut prices. Many of these are not easily found and scholars wanting to build up a Korean Studies library might find something of interest. For full details see http://www.raskb.com/content/special-book-sale

The scanned contents of our journal "Transactions" are available up to a certain date in the RAS home page, http://www.raskb.com/node/8   and we are working on updating it, but meanwhile a more up-to-date version is available through my own page http://anthony.sogang.ac.kr/Transactions.htm

Brother Anthony
President, RAS Korea.

Lectures

October 16 Bonnie Tilland: Bring Out the “Passion Crews”: Youth Volunteer Culture at the PyeongChang Olympics
October 30 Ian Henderson: Korea's Extreme Metal Underground
November 13 David Tizzard: North Korea’s Diplomatic Relations with Britain
November 27  Ahn Young-Ok: The Amazing Story of Korea's Industrial Development

Korean Studies Colloquium
Thursday October 25 6pm (Korea University) Russian Public Diplomacy on the Korean Peninsula: Focusing on the Early Soviet Diplomacy Activities in Colonial Korea   (Janna Ballod)

The Korean Literature Club (Wednesday October 31) Discussing “The Hole” by Hye-Young Pyun

Excursions

Saturday October 13 Ichon pottery (Sue Bae)
Saturday Octover 27 Seorak-san (Sue Bae)
Saturday Nov 10 Mullae-dong (Jon Dunbar)