[KS] European Journal of Korean Studies at World Congress of Korean Studies and Call for Papers Vol 18 (2) and Vol 19 (1)

Robert Winstanley-Chesters R.Winstanley-Chesters at leeds.ac.uk
Sat Sep 8 07:30:31 EDT 2018

European Journal of Korean Studies at World Congress of Korean Studies 2018 (13-14 September) and Call for Papers Vol 18 (2) and Vol 19 (1)

The editors of the European Journal of Korean Studies are pleased to announce that they will have a stall at the World Congress of Korean Studies in Seoul this coming week at the Academy of Korean Studies, 13 and 14 September, 2018. We will be in the Graduate School of the Academy of Korean Studies, Lecture Room 105, along with the book display and the stalls of other journals, and would be happy to discuss potential submissions, special issue ideas, book reviews as well as subscriptions to the journal.
We will have printed copies of the recently published Vol 17 (1) and Vol 17 (2) and offprints of articles from those issues to give away. Interested authors might like to arrange a conversation with our Managing Editor who will be in attendance and able to give advice, suggestions and support for those interested in submitting their work to us and being published in forthcoming issues of the European Journal of Korean Studies. If you are interested please email Dr Robert Winstanley-Chesters at r.winstanley-chesters at leeds.ac.uk<mailto:r.winstanley-chesters at leeds.ac.uk> to arrange a time.
Vol 18 (1) of the European Journal of Korean Studies will be published this month, with research articles by Andrew Jackson (Monash University), Professor Denzenlkham Ulambayar (University of the Humanities, Mongolia), Pekka Korhonen (University of Jyväskylä) and Goeun Lee (Academy of Korean Studies). The European Journal of Korean Studies, a product of the British Association for Korean Studies and formerly known as the Papers of the British Association of Korean Studies is generously supported by a publication grant from the Academy of Korean Studies (AKS-2018-P03)
We also would like to issue a further call for papers for Vol 18 (2) and Volume 19 (1), which will appear in the spring of 2019 and the autumn of 2019 respectively. Space in Vol 18 (2) is at a premium due to an exciting special issue section, edited by Vladimir Tikhonov (University of Oslo) and Owen Miller (SOAS). We welcome research articles and book reviews for both of these volumes from scholars across Eastern and Western Europe, Australasia, Korea, and the globe. We welcome research and writing from any academic discipline as it relates to matters Korean. Research articles must be in the English language and no longer than 12,000 words.
The journal has reappeared in print, will soon have a new more accessible and functional web platform and now has ISSN numbers and with an application in process hopes to have past and future issues indexed by the SSCI and other citation indexes and digital repositories providing further incentives to consider the European Journal of Korean Studies as the destination for your output.  Please submit materials to the Editor in Chief at a.cathcart at leeds.ac.uk<http://koreanstudies.com/mailman/listinfo/koreanstudies_koreanstudies.com>
The deadline for submission to Volume 18, No. 1 (spring 2019) is 15 October 2018. Contributions received by 15 May 2019 will be considered for Volume 19, No. 1 (autumn 2019).