[KS] CFP: 5th International Research Symposium on Korean Adoption Studies

Albert Park albert.park78 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 16 21:40:57 EDT 2018

The International Korean Adoptee Associations (IKAA) will convene the Fifth International Symposium on Korean Adoption Studies as part of the IKAA Gathering 2019. The field of Korean adoption studies is specifically concerned with international adoption from Korea including the experiences of overseas adopted Koreans, birth families, adoptive families, and the families of adoptees. We recognize and celebrate the interdisciplinary nature of Korean adoption studies. These scholars work at the intersections of Asian and Korean studies, postcolonial and cultural studies, and social and behavioral sciences. Their research is also engaged with issues of race and ethnicity, migration and diaspora, gender and family, and globalization and transnationalism.
The day-long symposium will bring together scholars from around the world who are conducting research in the field of Korean adoption studies. We also welcome submissions from scholars creating linkages between transnational adoptions from Korea and other sending countries such as China, Ethiopia, Colombia, and Ukraine. We encourage submissions from everyone, but will prioritize academic papers from those who have completed or are currently enrolled in a terminal master’s or Ph.D. program.
Further information about the call can be found here: https://ikaa.org/research-symposium/
Submission deadline: 1 December 2018Symposium Date: 31 July, 2019Venue: Lotte Hotel Seoul, KoreaOrganizer: International Korean Adoptee Associations
---
Anders Riel Müller / 송연준MSc. Sociology, PhD

Researcher and International Consultant, University College CopenhagenResearch Associate, Nordic Instiute of Asian Studies
DK Phone: +45-4268-7860US Phone: +1-510-473-2495Skype: andersrielE-mail: anders.muller at gmail.com