[KS] [Call for Papers] 8th Annual KU Graduate Student Conference on Korean History : Marginalized Voices in Korean History

Korea University koreahistoryconference at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 07:00:00 EST 2019

[Call for Papers] By Korea University

*8th Annual Korea University Graduate Student Conference:*

*Marginalized Voices in Korean History*

Korea University, Seoul, South Korea

*Friday, June, 12th, 2020*

We invite submissions for the Korea University Graduate Student (KUGS)
Conference to be held at Korea University in Seoul, South Korea, 2020.

The KUGS Conference is an annual conference that aims at providing an
interdisciplinary forum for graduate students to exchange their ideas
and discuss current research pertaining to Korean history and Asian
studies. It is an opportunity for young scholars to present their
research to both their peers and eminent scholars. The conference will
also enable participants to meet others in their field conducting
similar research, and gain valuable professional experience in
presenting their work for discussion.

The 2019 conference, titled “Converging Studies and Methods to a
Comprehensive Understanding of Asia” highlighted the recent
achievements of Korean studies from 30 graduate students from 12
countries. Following the success of our previous conferences, we
invite graduate students to submit abstracts from a variety of
perspectives on Asian studies for our next conference in 2020.

The 2020 Annual Korea University Korean History Graduate Student
Conference special theme is “Marginalized Voices in Korean History.”
We welcome paper proposals that focus on any historical time period.
Although all applications will be taken into consideration, particular
attention will be given to papers that focus on marginalized groups
including, but not exclusively, women, ethnic and religious
minorities, the LGBTQI community, the disabled, etc. Scholars with
bold and different approaches help to deepen our understanding of
history and build on already constructed ideas through new
interpretations. The conference aims at providing a space for emerging
scholars to present innovative methods and perspectives in Korean
history and Asian Studies research.

Eligibility and Application Guidelines:

1. All abstract submissions should be sent to Lee Junghyun at
*koreahistoryconference at gmail.com
<koreahistoryconference at gmail.com>*
, with your name, program of graduate study, and contact information.

2. Applicants must be currently enrolled in a program of graduate
study ("postgraduate" in British degree classification systems)
.

3. Papers must be related to
*Asian studies, mainly Korean, Chinese, and Japanese studies.*
 Special consideration will be given to papers focusing on Korea, but
all areas and disciplines related to Asia may apply.

4. Abstracts must be no longer than 250 words.

5. Deadline for abstract submission:
*Sunday, February 2nd, 2020, 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.*

Notification of acceptance will be given *by February 21st, 2020.*

Housing: Housing will be available for those presenting papers.

Inquiries: For general conference and abstract submission inquiries,
please contact:

koreahistoryconference at gmail.com

www.facebook.com/KoreaUniversityKoreanHistory

--

*Annual Korea University **Graduate Student Conference*

Department of Korean History, Korea University, Seoul, South Korea

Inquiries: For general conference and abstract submission inquiries, please
contact:koreahistoryconference at gmail.com