[KS] AAS Korean Studies Mentoring Workshop & Syllabi Archiv

sunyoung park syoung90 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 17 13:33:37 EST 2019

Dear Frank,

could you please send out the following message? I sent it to you on Tuesday from my USC address, but I'm unsure if you received it. I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank you so much for your excellent service for the community all these years and also congratulate you on your much expected book on Koreans in Berlin (I heard about it from your Korean translateo, Dr. Kim Miji).

Best,

Sunyoung

Dear Colleagues,

The Committee on Korean Studies has two announcements to make. The first message is for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows who will be attending this year's AAS conference in Denver. The CKS has launched a new mentoring workshop for you, where you can meet your preferred faculty mentor on a one-on-one basis. This is an excellent opportunity for you to get advice on your research and professional concerns. For the further details of this program and the first-come first-served signup link, please visit http://www.koreanstudies.org/category/2019/.

The second message is for both students and the faculty. Thanks to many members' generous support, the CKS has now opened an online free-access syllabi archive, and you can see this here http://www.koreanstudies.org/cks-syllabi-archive/.

Finally, if you like these programs, please sign up to receive more updates of this kind in the future by clicking the first link in our newsletter. http://www.koreanstudies.org/archive/

Best wishes,

Sunyoung Park

Chair, Committee on Korean Studies, Association for Asian Studies
Associate Professor of East Asian Languages and Cultures and Gender Studies, University of Southern California