[KS] [Additional Information] Adjunct Lecturer for Korean Studies (online courses)
Yang, Sunyoung - (sunyoungyang)
sunyoungyang at email.arizona.edu
Wed Jul 24 16:00:50 EDT 2019
This position does not require the lecturer(s) to be on campus as long as the lecturer(s) is eligible to work in the U.S. including US citizens overseas and available online to meet with students and administration/department faculty.
Limited Term Adjunct Lecturer - East Asian Studies (Korean Studies) at the University of Arizona
This position requires a candidate with an established and active research/teaching agenda that ideally focuses on contemporary Korea. The adjunct instructor will teach an online 200 level or/and an online 300 level Korean studies culture course(s) during the 16W period of the 2019 fall semester.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Teach one or two online Korean studies culture course(s) (KOR 251 Introduction to Korea Through Films and KOR 352 Class, Gender, and Family in Korea) in the 16W time slot of the 2019 fall semester
• Develop online lectures and teaching materials based on the existing course syllabi
• Evaluate students' performance
• Communicate student evaluations to the department
• Help to develop innovative approaches to enhancing student engagement and increasing diversity
• Hold a PhD or ABD in fields that focus on Korea (e.g., anthropology, communications, cultural studies, education, history, literature, or sociology)
• Strong Korean and English language skills
• Have established and active teaching experience in Korean studies
Full posting information available here:
Limited Term Adjunct Lecturer - East Asian Studies, Korean<https://uacareers.com/postings/39082>
This position requires a candidate with an established and active research/teaching agenda that ideally focuses on contemporary Korea. The adjunct instructor will teach an online 200 level or/and an online 300 level Korean studies culture course(s) during the 16W period of the 2019 fall semester. The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Sunyoung Yang, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, East Asian Studies
Faculty, Second Language Acquisition and Teaching (SLAT)
University of Arizona
Learning Services Building, Rm 106
1512 E. First Street
P.O. Box 210105
Tucson, AZ 85721-0105
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Koreanstudies