[KS] Announcement of European Journal of Korean Studies new web platform: www.ejks.org.uk

Robert Winstanley-Chesters R.Winstanley-Chesters at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Mar 1 01:28:01 EST 2019

European Journal of Korean Studies new web platform: www.ejks.org.uk<http://www.ejks.org.uk>

After sixteen volumes and twenty-seven years, The Papers of the British Association for Korean Studies (BAKS Papers) became the Journal of Korean Studies. Founded in 1991, the BAKS Papers has been a repository for the most rigorous and interesting academic output on the Korean Peninsula in the United Kingdom. The European Journal of Korean Studies sees the British Association for Korean Studies developing its scholarly mission expanding to encourage Korean Studies in the United Kingdom and beyond, in particular, by stimulating teaching and research on Korea and facilitating the publication of English-language peer reviewed academic work in all disciplines on matters Korean. With this evolution, the European Journal of Korean Studies aims to be the leading peer reviewed, citation indexed outlet for academic output in Europe in the English language, providing European and global scholars of Korea a venue that we know has been much in demand, long called for, and greatly anticipated.

Until now neither the European Journal of Korean Studies nor its predecessor The Papers of the British Association for Korean Studies has been satisfactorily or practically accessible online. We are very happy to announce that following more than a year of work and the generous support of the Academy of Korean Studies, the European Journal of Korean Studies has a new home online at www.ejks.org.uk<http://www.ejks.org.uk>

This new website will contain an entire archive of all previous issues and articles from both The Papers of the British Association for Korean Studies and European Journal of Korean Studies dating back to 1991. For the first time all issues and articles will be available individually for download and purchase on one website. We have also made it much easier to both become a member of BAKS, subscribe to the journal and access a previously purchased subscription by a new online account system. Institutional and Corporate members of BAKS and subscribers to the European Journal of Korean Studies will also find they can access www.ejks.org.uk<http://www.ejks.org.uk> and their subscription via IP authentication.

We anticipate readers and interested parties alike will enjoy www.ejks.org.uk<http://www.ejks.org.uk> and benefit from the step change in accessibility and functionality it provides. Given our aims to be a leading peer reviewed journal in Korean Studies we felt it was fundamentally important to develop our visibility and capabilities online and service our subscribers in a way which had not occurred before. Subscriptions to the European Journal of Korean Studies are competitively priced, and even the briefest of visits to our new website will demonstrate the importance and value of both new work published by the journal as well as the scholarly traditions of the British Association for Korean Studies. We look forward to seeing you online.

Editor in Chief - Dr Adam Cathcart (University of Leeds)

Managing Editor - Dr Robert Winstanley-Chesters (University of Leeds / Birkbeck, University of London)