[KS] Academic Position at ANU: Associate Professor in International Relations with expertise in Korea
ruth.barraclough at anu.edu.au
Wed Mar 27 23:50:01 EDT 2019
Dear Korean Studies community,
As a follow on to the earlier email announcing this position, please refer to the detailed information below. Full instructions on how to apply can be found in the original advertisement, available through the link below:
1. A PhD in International Relations with a focus on the study of the international relations/international security of the Korean peninsula and/or the Northeast Asia region.
2. An outstanding record of scholarship incorporating a nationally or internationally recognised publication record, successes in attracting external research funding, an active current and future research agenda, and a track record of successful supervision of postgraduate research candidates.
3. Strong experience in outreach activities and leading contributions to the dissemination of research results to government and the wider public through media interviews, opinion pieces, seminars, workshop presentations and conference papers.
4. An outstanding record of contributions to education including program development, high quality teaching, and original and innovative approaches to pedagogy.
5. A track record of successfully supervising and graduating high quality PhD/Masters research students
6. Demonstrated ability to provide academic leadership and to mentor and develop colleagues to achieve goals.
7. Excellent oral and written English and Korean language skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with a variety of staff and students in a cross-disciplinary academic environment and to foster respectful and productive working relationships with staff, students and colleagues at all levels
8. A demonstrated high-level understanding of equal opportunity principles and a commitment to the application of these policies in a University context.
With best wishes,
Ruth Barraclough | Associate Professor, Department of Pacific and Asian History | School of Culture, History and Language | College of Asia & the Pacific | Baldessin Building | The Australian National University | Canberra ACT 0200 | Australia| Tel: +61 2 61253438 | CRICOS Provider #00120C
From: Ruth Barraclough
Sent: Tuesday, 26 March 2019 4:33 PM
To: koreanstudies at koreanstudies.com
Subject: Academic Position at ANU: Associate Professor in International Relations with expertise in Korea
Dear Korean Studies Community,
The Bell School of Asia Pacific Affairs at ANU is advertising for an Associate Professor in International Relations with expertise in Korea. For further information and instructions please follow the links below.
The contact for this position is Matthew Davies.
Please share widely.
Classification: Academic Level D
Salary package: $141,416 AUD - $150,324 AUD per annum, plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full time, Continuing
The Department of International Relations within the Coral Bell School of Asia Pacific Affairs is seeking an Associate Professor to promote innovative research and intellectual dialogue between Australia and Korea. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to a world-leading centre.
The Associate Professor will be a leading member of the Department of International Relations and will promote innovative research and intellectual dialogue between Australia and Korea, especially through the ANU Korea Institute and the Department of International Relations. The Associate Professor will maintain and further develop their research, disciplinary and policy networks, especially connected to Australia-Korea relations, to enhance the Department’s position both globally and nationally.
The Department of International Relations, the first of its kind in Australia, is a world-leading centre of the study of the challenges, opportunities, and processes that shape global and Asia-Pacific affairs. Since our foundation in 1949, we have approached the challenge of thinking about global and regional affairs with a combination of academic rigour and ethical awareness. Today, the Department follows in the footsteps of the discipline-leading men and women who have worked here in the past and upon whose inheritance we continue to build. The Department’s vision is to provide ethically motivated research across theory and practice.
The Australian National University (ANU) has an international reputation as a leading university in research, education, and policy expertise. Distinguished by its relentless pursuit of excellence, the ANU attracts leading academics and outstanding students from Australia and around the world.
For further information and to submit an application, please visit:
Applications close: 15 May 2019 11:55:00 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time
For confidential enquiries, please contact Dr Mathew Davies, T: +61 2 6125 7652 or E: mathew.davies at anu.edu.au<mailto:mathew.davies at anu.edu.au>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Koreanstudies