[KS] Fwd: CfA: Asst Prof Korean Literature and Culture

Marion Eggert marion.eggert at rub.de
Wed Sep 11 06:15:26 EDT 2019

Betreff: 	[KS] CfA: Asst Prof Korean Literature and Culture
Datum: 	Wed, 11 Sep 2019 10:48:20 +0200
Von: 	Marion Eggert <marion.eggert at rub.de>
Antwort an: 	Korean Studies Discussion List
<koreanstudies at koreanstudies.com>
An: 	Korean Studies Discussion List <koreanstudies at koreanstudies.com>

Dear colleagues,

Since my first message has been posted without the attachment (which I
had /not /forgotten), I re-send it here with the announcement text below
as part of the e-mail rather than attached.
Please direct all inquiries to the Chair of the Department of Asian
Languages and Civilizations, Matthias L. Richter
<matthias.richter at colorado.edu>.

Best regards,
Marion Eggert

Assistant Professor of Korean Literature and Culture

**

The Department of Asian Languages and Civilizations at the University of
Colorado Boulder invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant
Professor position in Korean Literature and Culture to begin August
2020. Candidates must have a PhD in Korean literature or a related
field, as well as a minimum of one year of research experience in modern
Korean literature and culture. Research experience may have been
obtained during doctoral studies. ABD candidates will be considered.
However, if the PhD degree is not conferred by August 16, 2020, the
candidate will be appointed initially as an Instructor. Job duties
include teaching courses to undergraduate and graduate students in
Korean literature and culture, as well as service to the university.

Applicants must apply online at https://www.colorado.edu/jobs/, posting
number 20683, to create and complete the online application. Please
include a letter of application, current CV, writing sample, and copies
of syllabi of courses taught or proposed. You will be asked by our
system to provide three (3) professional references, who will be asked
to submit a confidential letter of recommendation immediately upon
application submission.

Review of applications will begin on November 1, 2019; applications will
be accepted until the position is filled. The University of Colorado is
an Equal Opportunity Employer.This offer is contingent upon the
satisfactory completion of a criminal background check as required by
the University.

--
Prof. Dr. Marion Eggert
Korean Studies, Ruhr University Bochum