[KS] Position: Lecturer in Korean Studies, University of Sheffield

Sarah A Son s.a.son at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu Sep 12 08:42:26 EDT 2019

*Position: Lecturer in Korean Studies, **University of Sheffield, School of
East Asian Studies*

Apply here: https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BUP706/lecturer-in-korean-studies

strategic appointment at Lecturer level in Korean Studies to enhance and
expand our excellent research and teaching.

*We particularly welcome scholars who:*

   - Have leadership qualities to actively influence the direction of the
   School and bring challenge to the team.
   - Can teach and conduct research in Korean in addition to English, and
   in any discipline within the broadly defined field of Korean Studies
   - Have cross-country/region-wide academic interests and personal
   experience.

We will particularly encourage applicants who can represent the School in
the wider University and can promote and represent the University and the
discipline nationally and internationally.

*They will have:*

   - An entrepreneurial approach to collaborative research and be
   responsive to changes in the external environment.
   - A culturally agile, adaptive style with a global mind-set and can work
   across boundaries whether they be geographical or disciplinary.
   - A PhD (or equivalent academic achievement) in a relevant subject area
   and a teaching qualification.

The School of East Asian Studies is bound together by a passionate belief
in the importance of East Asia as the most dynamic region in the world. We
seek to communicate and disseminate our expertise and knowledge of this
region across the University of Sheffield as well as nationally and
internationally with the goal of impacting on the understanding and
behaviour of a range of individuals, groups and organisations.

We aim to create ambitious, successful and highly employable students who
are culturally agile, global citizens. Through innovative teaching and
cutting-edge research, we seek to create a vibrant intellectual culture and
to focus on important cross-cutting themes that break down boundaries
between the study of China, Japan and Korea so that staff and students
alike can achieve their full potential.

Ultimately, we aim to maintain our position as a leading East Asian Studies
department in the UK, Europe and the world in terms of learning, teaching
and research.

We’re one of the best not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK.
The University’s Total Reward Package includes a competitive salary, a
generous Pension Scheme and annual leave entitlement, as well as access to
a range of learning and development courses to support your personal and
professional development.
Apply here: https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BUP706/lecturer-in-korean-studies