[KS] Cancellation of the 2020 Asian Studies Conference Japan (ASCJ)

Robert Winstanley-Chesters R.Winstanley-Chesters at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Apr 8 05:56:53 EDT 2020

To Korean Studies list members (sent on behalf of the Asian Studies Conference Japan committee and Professor Mark Caprio)

After much discussion, and in reviewing the international conditions surrounding the COVID 19 Coronavirus, we have decided to cancel the 2020 Asian Studies Conference Japan (ASCJ). We know that you have put a lot of effort into your work, and we were very much looking forward to your participation at the ASCJ  in Tokyo this year.

We are working with Nippon Travel, the company that collects the payments for registration, and for those of you who have already registered, your payment will soon be reimbursed.

At present, we are anticipating holding the conference in late June or early July of 2021. Please check the website in the fall for more details.

The annual graduate student paper competition will still be held in 2020 despite the cancellation of the conference itself. If you are eligible, please visit our website for submission guidelines: https://ascjapan.org/conference/graduate-paper-prize/ "

Again, we apologize and thank you for your interest and support of ASCJ.

Best,

Christopher Bondy
President

Asian Studies Conference Japan