[KS] Univ of Hawaii's KOREAN STUDIES welcomes papers

Cheehyung Harrison Kim cheehyungkim at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 19:47:05 EDT 2020

Dear Korean Studies List Members,

Greetings from Honolulu. As the new editor of KOREAN STUDIES, I would like
to say that the journal continues to welcome papers from the various
disciplines of Korean studies. We also invite proposals for special issues.

Established in 1977, KOREAN STUDIES is an annual peer-reviewed journal that
seeks to further the scholarship on Korea (broadly conceived) by providing
an interdisciplinary forum of research articles, book reviews, and essays
from the humanities and social sciences.

Today, with our Ear Release Articles system, we are able to publish your
manuscript as an online article (with a DOI) months before it is physically
printed in a volume. This helps with researchers dealing with certain
institutional and time-sensitive demands. Whether you are an ABD, a recent
PhD, or a seasoned researcher, the journal’s editorial staff will provide
the support you need to publish a high-quality and robust paper.

Check out our latest issue (Volume 44, 2020):
https://muse.jhu.edu/issue/42233

For author guidelines and information on the editorial board and indexing,
check out https://uhpress.hawaii.edu/title/ks/

Please feel free to communicate with me about submitting a manuscript or
ideas for a special issue. We will also be reaching out to you for book
reviews. We deeply appreciate your continuous support of KOREAN STUDIES as
authors and peer reviewers.

Thanks, and take care.

Cheehyung Harrison Kim (chk7 at hawaii.edu)
Associate Professor, Department of History | Editor, KOREAN STUDIES
Center for Korean Studies | University of Hawai'i at Mānoa
*Heroes and Toilers: Work as Life in North Korea, 1953-1961*