[KS] Terry Bennett's Photo Collection

Jonathan Best jbest at wesleyan.edu
Tue Jul 14 14:10:33 EDT 2020

Brother Anthony, Frank et al.,

Given what's been said in this string, it does seem ironic, and ironically interesting, that the Korean government has commissioned the production of English translations of the Koryŏ-sa and, by gosh, the Chosŏn Sillok.  I could be wrong, but I suspect that the English readership of those volumes will be close to nil with the limited exception of scholars who, in a dissertation or Western language publication, make use of a particular passage that they had first encountered in the original text and then choose to cite in both the original and the translation.

Jonathan