[KS] IASPM 2021 Daegu Newsletter #2

Pil Ho Kim plateaux at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 09:34:25 EDT 2020

Greetings!

The Local Organizing Committee is pleased to invite you to the 21st
Biennial Conference of the International Association for the Study of
Popular Music to be held in Daegu, South Korea, for 5 days from July 6 to
10, 2021. Here are some latest updates on the conference.

1) Thanks to popular demands, we decided to extend deadline for abstract
submission for one month until 31 August 2020. The submission can be made
through the IASPM 2021 website (http://iaspm2021.org/index.php?gt=abs/abs01)

* Abstract Submission: until August 31, 2020 (Korea time GMT+8)

2) The IASPM 2021 registration fee has been set (see e-Newsletter attached
to this email). We will deliver you with the registration guide when the
payment system is completed.

3) We are delighted to introduce you Keynote Speakers for IASPM 2021:

- Britta Sweers (Director of the Center for Global Studies at the
University of Bern, Switzerland)

- Shuhei Hosokawa (Professor Emeritus at the International Research Center
for Japanese Studies)

- Chan E. Park (Professor, Ohio State University, United States)

- Jung-Sun Lee (Singer-songwriter, Guitarist, and former professor of Seoul
Arts University, Korea)

4) IASPM 2021 will proceed as announced in spite of the uncertainty caused
by COVID-19

Despite the on-going worldwide crisis of COVID-19, the local organizing
committee is working hard to make IASPM 2021 in Daegu happen. Depending on
the situation in 2021, the conference could take the form of real, virtual,
or hybrid. We are preparing for every possible scenario to ensure IASPM
2021 to be a successful conference. IASPM 2021 will be greatly benefitted
from host city Daegu’s world-class capacity for COVID-19 control. In close
cooperation with Daegu Metropolitan City, we will make sure a safe and
sound conference experience for all participants. Thank you!