[KS] Hawaii Studies On Korea & Korean Studies Publications - updates

Christopher Bae k_s_g at hotmail.com
Sun May 3 17:27:29 EDT 2020

Dear Korean Studies Community,

I am writing as the Editor of Hawaii Studies On Korea and Korean Studies, both publications produced by the Center for Korean Studies, University of Hawaii at Manoa in cooperation with the University of Hawaii Press. In this regard, I am pleased to inform you of the following updates regarding our publications.

Hawaii Studies On Korea (HSOK)

In March 2020 HSOK published Yean-Ju Lee's Divorce in South Korea book. Further information may be found at the below link.

https://uhpress.hawaii.edu/title/divorce-in-south-korea-doing-gender-and-the-dynamics-of-relationship-breakdown/<https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fuhpress.hawaii.edu%2Ftitle%2Fdivorce-in-south-korea-doing-gender-and-the-dynamics-of-relationship-breakdown%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cb8f6bb9d4f744349ea2408d7e0a1c540%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637224857704370517&sdata=Apf7xw5s7UmBhYGy3ipfGlnOt2iIADW347FGSIG6Zpc%3D&reserved=0>

Furthermore, there are two forthcoming books in the HSOK series (tentative publication dates in parentheses).

Jin, Sangpil. Surviving Imperial Intrigues: Korea's Struggle for Neutrality amid Empires, 1882-1907. (~May 2021)

Jackson, Andrew David, Sintionean, Codruta, Breuker, Remco, Saeji, Cedarbough (Editors). Invented Traditions in North and South Korea (~June-July 2021)

Korean Studies (KS)

Volume 44 was just published online. Six stand alone research articles focused on a wide diversity of topics related to Korean Studies (population genetics, economics, history, North Korean studies) and six book reviews.

https://muse.jhu.edu/issue/42233

If you are interested in submitting your research to one or both of these publications feel free to learn more about them by clicking on the links below. Please keep in mind that we accept submissions throughout the year. Further, for our journal, we are interested in publishing special issue sections. So if you are looking to publish conference proceedings in a journal, please consider submitting a proposal to the Editor.

Please take care and stay safe and healthy.

Yours sincerely,

_______________________________
Christopher J. Bae, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Anthropology

Editor
Korean Studies & Hawai'i Studies on Korea
Center for Korean Studies

University of Hawai'i at Manoa
Phone: (808) 956-7353
E-mail: cjbae at hawaii.edu<mailto:cjbae at hawaii.edu>