[KS] Hanja Input ― Mac, MS Word

Frank Hoffmann hoffmann at koreanstudies.com
Sun Oct 4 23:01:25 EDT 2020

Dear Mac Users:

Hanja input, MS Word:

This had been an issue for several years. We discussed it in 2016, and
the workaround had been pretty bad:
https://koreanstudies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21

This has been fixed. I cannot tell you since when, but it now works
again.
You can now again enter han'gŭl within the MS Word body text and
produce hanja right there.

Tested on:
macOS Mojave, version 10.14.6, with Microsoft Office 16:41
macOS Catalina, version 10.15.7, with Microsoft Office 16:41

As a reminder:

⌥ Option + ENTER
(whereby the ENTER key is the one on the numeric keypad, in the lower
right corner of the keyboard)
And on a keyboard without a 'keypad' — e.g. on a MacBook or MacBook
Pro, or a small external keyboard, type instead:
Fn + ⌥ Option + RETURN
(on a PC keyboard connected to a Mac: Fn + Alt + Enter)

Warm regards from Covidfireland — we have wonderful dark orange skies
here, come visit (but bring your oxygen),
Frank