[KS] RAS Korea activities

Brother Anthony ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr
Tue Sep 1 22:28:47 EDT 2020

RAS Korea, like so many other organizations in Korea and everywhere, has had to suspend all physical activities during the pandemic. We have continued to have lectures twice each month, using Zoom, and the advantage of this is that neither the lecturer nor the audience need to be in Korea. The disadvantage is the lack of free confersation and makgeolli afterwards.

We have finally modernized our home page http://raskb.com/  and there you can find full details about the topic as well as the Zoom link for each of our upcoming lectures and any other activities. We are opening our events freely to anyone interested, whether RAS members or not, although obviously we hope that friendly people will continue to pay membership dues since we continue to pay rent and salary.

Upcoming lectures

September 8 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm KST
Finding common ground: Reconstructing contemporary Korean history with archival footage
Lecturer: Taewoong Lee

September 22 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm KST
Tourism and Engagement in North Korea: How It Works
Lecturer: Simon Cockerell

October 13 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm KST
Korean Temples: The Weird and Wonderful
Lecturer: Dale Quarrington

Links to videos of recent lectures are available through the Weekly Bulletin (link near the foot of the home page)

Korean Literature Club (Zoom) a monthly group discussion of a work of Korean literature read in English translation

[Korean Literature Club]September 4 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm KST
‘Mildawon Days’ (by Kim Dong-ni)

We continue to offer free access to the full texts of all but the current issue of our Transactions, as well as other online resources through our E-Book Library

Brother Anthony
President, RAS Korea