[KS] New Graduate Program at UNC-Chapel Hill

Kief, I Jonathan kief at email.unc.edu
Sat Sep 5 00:31:58 EDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

On behalf of the Korean Program at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, we are pleased to announce the establishment of the Department of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies' new M.A. Program. Offering students the opportunity to develop transnational and trans-regional expertise as well as pursue in-depth language training in one or more of the eight Asian and Middle Eastern languages that we teach, the Program prepares students to engage with the social, cultural, environmental, and political challenges facing communities in Asia, the Middle East, and their diasporas.

We welcome applications from students interested in studying Korea within its transnational context and we would be grateful for your assistance in spreading the word at your institutions. Additionally, we hope that you will encourage interested students to visit our website (https://asianstudies.unc.edu/ma-program/) and to contact us with any questions that they might have. Applications are now open for the Program's first cohort, which will begin its studies in Fall 2021.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Dongsoo Bang, Ji-Yeon Jo, I Jonathan Kief, and Eunji Lee

---

I Jonathan Kief (he/him/his)

Assistant Professor of Korean Studies

Department of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies

kief at unc.edu<mailto:%20kief at unc.edu>