[KS] special issue of <positions> in print and online

Suzy Kim suzyk at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 20 18:02:22 EDT 2020

Dear colleagues,

Apologies for the delayed circulation of this announcement, but as a member of the editorial collective of the journal positions: asia critique, please allow me to share news of the latest special issue on "Cold War Feminisms in East Asia," which includes articles on both South and North Korea, available at:
https://read.dukeupress.edu/positions/issue/28/3
[https://dup.silverchair-cdn.com/dup/Content_public/Journal/positions/Issue/28/3/6/m_pos_28_3_cover.png?Expires=1603217914&Signature=fZQ-EyVShWXnF39rwJTRJHi8eRC1cD1MfcCZWMStcfNGzOePo-sLqt1A-lIp5tDUOujSKUPaolqnQHxvQbwQsivaEwYThsroQWqr~GKTgK4ltZuW7nPJcoAuWTv6NeJi7WB3u8m8fSGHhg6J9~fh76~zT3jEoHAriM3gKK0x7pEsdmlsqkh8Blp7JkXZLmOY2hQEDrzQ~8QoaRevhh6Wp9NEowe4QVFrE3vuA8KcM32qElrIunxOUEBU3WnDYdeuCdOGzkv6bTKchdelqsStCzkiGLSLvwRdhiI~OzrS5rQd0FfBz3vngsIlsCqe~mWeIOLD0IuDWns0dY~n2N55WA__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIE5G5CRDK6RD3PGA]<https://read.dukeupress.edu/positions/issue/28/3>
Volume 28 Issue 3 | positions: asia critique | Duke University Press<https://read.dukeupress.edu/positions/issue/28/3>
Read the current issue of positions. From Seoul to Paris: Transnational Character in the Work of the Korean National Council of Women in Authoritarian South Korea
read.dukeupress.edu
The introduction and commentary are available for download until next month.

Also, the journal launched in January 2020 an online digital platform to engage a broader audience in a timely fashion, without the extended time-to-publication required of a peer-reviewed print journal. We published a special issue critically reflecting on the unresolved issue of "comfort women" on the 75-year anniversary of the end of the Asia Pacific War, available at: http://positionspolitics.org/
It includes short essays, as well as art and poetry, so I hope the site can be used as a good resource for teaching and a forum for sharing ideas.

Thank you,
Suzy Kim