[KS] Koreanstudies Digest, Vol 218, Issue 5

Stephen Epstein stephen.epstein at vuw.ac.nz
Wed Aug 11 22:09:23 EDT 2021

Hi all,

I'm responding to the below job desecription because it raised a question for me. As far as I understand it, South Korea has recently broken into the top 10 in size for global economies, whereas the below (relevant passage bolded) has fourteenth. I'm guessing the ad was taken over from a previous search and not updated, but I'm now wondering how long ago South Korea might have been at #14--or perhaps there are multiple methods of calculation that are being used, and an economist can enlighten me?

Cheers, Stephen