[KS] "Is Gov. Lee Jae-myung a Populist?", lecture on populism in South Korea at IN-EAST

Mosler, Hannes, Prof. Dr. hannes.mosler at uni-due.de
Mon Feb 8 04:49:32 EST 2021

Dear all,

I would like to invite you to our online lecture entitled:

Is Gov. Lee Jae-myung a Populist?
Focusing on Korean People’s Assessment of his Economic Policies

by Suh Byung-hoon (Soongsil University)

Wed, Feb 10, 2021, 10–11 am (CET)

Please, join the Zoom meeting here!<https://uni-due.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUrcOCopzMuG9Jf7bD7J2xMTwnL76NkTlrn>

For more information on the lecture series, please follow this link.<https://www.uni-due.de/in-east/events/in-east_research_forum>

Populism in East Asian Democracies
Lecture Series International Research Colloquium of the Institute of East Asian Studies
Anyone interested in populism will quickly realize that the academic discourse has paid little attention to evidence from the East Asian democracies of Japan, South Korea and Taiwan. The pertinent literature mostly discusses cases from Europe, North- and Latin America, but East Asia seems to be off the academic map. Our lecture series offers an opportunity for the relatively few scholars who are working on East Asia to present their work. By bringing together presentations on Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, we also attempt to open up comparative perspectives on these three democracies.
Standard time slot: Wed, 10–11 am CET (30 min. lecture, 30 min. Q&A)

Prof. Dr. Hannes B. Mosler

Universität Duisburg-Essen

Institut für Politikwissenschaft (IfP)

Institute of East Asian Studies (IN-EAST)

LE 713 - Forsthausweg 2

47057 Duisburg

Tel ++49 (0)203 37 9-2249