[KS] Call for abstracts: “De-constructing Korean Identity in (Post)-Soviet spaces”, by Koryo-Saram Research Network Team

Evgenia An yevgenia.an at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 05:27:52 EST 2021

Call for abstracts: 1st Biennial Workshop of Koryo-saram Scholars

*Topic of the workshop: “De-constructing Korean Identity in (Post)-Soviet
spaces”*

Dear friends and colleagues,

We are excited to announce the 1st Biennial Workshop which will take place
in March 2021. Due to the current situation with the COVID-related
restrictions in Frankfurt, our team has decided to make our first event in
the online format. The topic of our workshop is:

*“De-constructing Korean Identity in (Post)-Soviet spaces”  *

First and foremost, we want to establish a good tradition - organizing
regular events to support emerging as well as established scholars in doing
research about Koryo-Saram.

One of the main goals of the first KRN Workshop is publishing the accepted
papers in a special issue or an edited volume.

Please feel free to circulate the call (in attachment) among interested
scholars and graduate students.

Deadline for abstract submissions: 15th of February.

Yours faithfully,
Evgenia An, Institute of Sociology, Goethe University Frankfurt
<https://koreusaram.wordpress.com/2020/03/29/evgenia-an-frankfurt-germany/>

Svetlana Kim-Pacher, Institute of Slavonic Languages, University of Vienna
<https://koreusaram.wordpress.com/2020/03/29/kim-pacher/>
Zachary Adamz, Department of Asian Studies, University of Texas in Austin
<https://koreusaram.wordpress.com/2020/03/29/adamz/>

--
Evgenia An
Ph.D. Candidate, Graduate School for Social Sciences (GRASOC)