[KS] Journal Relaunch -- Korean Linguistics

Lucien Brown lucien.brown at monash.edu
Sun Jun 20 07:30:55 EDT 2021

Dear colleagues,
We are delighted to announce that the journal Korean Linguistics has been
relaunched after a hiatus of seven years. The journal will continue to be
published by John Benjamins, but will now be available open access in order
to bring scholarship on the Korean language to an even wider audience. The
journal website can be found here: https://benjamins.com/catalog/kl.
Korean Linguistics originated as the journal of the International Circle of
Korean Linguistics (ICKL), and has a proud 43-year history of publishing
research articles in all areas of the scholarly study of the Korean
language. The journal is being launched under a new editorial team, with
the two of us (Lucien Brown, Monash University, and Jaehoon Yeon, SOAS,
University of London) serving as Editor and Associate Editor, respectively.
We are joined on the journal Directorship by Professors William O'Grady
(University of Hawaii at Manoa), Seongha Rhee (Hankuk University of Foreign
Studies) and Young-Key Kim-Renaud (George Washington University). Details
of the full editorial board can be found on the website.
We invite submissions on all areas of Korean linguistics, including syntax,
semantics, phonology, phonetics, sociolinguistics, discourse pragmatics and
historical linguistics. We welcome book reviews, as well as English
translations of influential research articles written in Korean in order to
bring them to a wider audience. We also highly encourage proposals for
special issues. (Authors who are interested in submitting translations or
special issue proposals should contact the editors to discuss). Submissions
should be made online via the following link:
https://www.editorialmanager.com/kl/default.aspx. The journal does not
charge any publication fees.
We hope that you will consider Korean Linguistics for your next paper
submission. Please get in touch with any inquiries.
Best wishes,
Lucien Brown (lucien.brown at monash.edu)
Jaehoon Yeon (jy1 at soas.ac.uk)

Dr Lucien BROWN <https://research.monash.edu/en/persons/lucien-brown>
Senior Lecturer
Convenor, Korean Studies
School of Languages, Literatures, Cultures and Linguistics
Monash University