[KS] MA & PhD Studentship for 2021 Fall Semester at the Graduate School of Korean Studies, AKS
Na Yeon Lee
nylee at aks.ac.kr
Mon Mar 8 05:20:32 EST 2021
The Graduate School of Korean Studies, the Academy of Korean Studies, is pleased to announce international student recruitment for 2021 fall semester. Those who aspire to widen and deepen their knowledge of Korea and to contribute globalization of Korean studies by joining a Master’s or a doctoral degree program are very welcome to apply. It'd be greatly appreciated if you disseminate the news to those who are interested.
Why Study at the Graduate School of Korean Studies, the Academy of Korean Studies?
As an educational institute established and funded by the Korean government with the aim of promoting Korean studies, we provide international students with excellent educational and living environments as follows:
○ Tuition fees are fully waived for the whole coursework period for all international students.
○ 66.7% of international students benefit from the Government Grant, a monthly stipend of $650 for a year, renewable upon evaluation.
○ A 5:1 student-faculty ratio enables close one-to-one guidance by professors.
○ Korean language courses are offered free of charge to assist international students with academic writing, presentations, and discussions.
○ Various programs such as tutoring, writing clinic, cultural activities and airfare subsidy for presentation abroad, etc. support students’ academic performance.
Currently, approximately 270 students including about 120 international students from 30 different countries are enrolled in our Master’s or doctoral degree program in the fields of humanities and social sciences pertinent to Korea.
○ Coursework period is 2 years for a Master’s degree program and 3 years for a doctoral degree program.
○ An academic year consists of two semesters and courses are provided for 15 weeks per semester. A spring semester begins in March, and a fall semester in September.
○ Most courses are taught in Korean, while courses in Korean Culture and Society major are provided in in English.
○ Students earn 3 credits per each course. In order to graduate, students of a Master’s degree program should complete 24 credits, and a doctoral degree program 36 credits, other than mandatory Korean language courses which are non-credit. Both Master’s degree and doctoral degree students should write a thesis.
○ A keen interest in Korean studies, coupled with an undergraduate degree (for a Master’s degree program) or a graduate degree (for a doctoral degree program)
○ English language proficiency equivalent to or higher than TOEFL iBT 80, IELTS Academic Module 6.5, or TEPS 301 for applicants for Korean Culture and Society major
○ Korean language proficiency equivalent to or higher than TOPIK(Test of Proficiency in Korean) level 4 for applicants except for Korean Culture and Society major
We recruit twice a year. Application for 2021 fall semester is open till 2 April 2021. Applications for 2022 spring semester will be sought in September 2021.
How to Apply
To apply, visit gradaks.recruiter.co.kr and complete the online application form. A soft copy or a scanned copy of the following documents should be uploaded on the application website:
○ Personal Statement
○ Research Plan
○ A graduation certificate and official transcripts
○ A score report of TOFEL iBT, IELTS Academic Module, or TEPS (if applicable)
○ A TOPIK certificate (if applicable)
In addition, a letter of recommendation should be sent by registered mail.
Document screening is held for applicants who meet all the application requirement. Then for selected candidates, a video interview is scheduled to be conducted on 21 May 2021.
If you have any queries about the program or the application process, please contact us at admission_intl at aks.ac.kr or +82-31-730-8183.
TYPE / ROLE
Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree Program
○ Korean History
○ Diplomatics and Bibliography
○ Korean Linguistics · Korean Literature
○ Anthropology · Folklore
○ Religious Studies
○ Art History
○ Cultural Informatics · Human Geography
○ Political Science
○ Korean Culture and Society (Only available for Master’s degree program)
Seongnam City - South Korea
Perched on the side of Cheonggye Mountain, 30km south of the center of Seoul, the campus provides a fantastic setting for the academic pursuits of students with its peaceful atmospheres and natural environments. Also, students can reach dynamic youth culture of Gangnam area within 30 minutes by bus as well as artistic and historic heritage of Seoul city center within an hour.
FIND OUT MORE
- Application guidelines in English : http://intl.aks.ac.kr/english/viewtopic.php?t=586&sid=11ecdcf07a4d01927f369746efd3c478
- Application guidelines in Korean : https://grad.aks.ac.kr/cop/bbs/selectBoardArticle.do?nttId=316339&bbsId=BBSMSTR_000000000110&adiInfo7=B&menuNo=2010124000
- AKS Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/aks.news
International Student Advisor
Office of Academic & Student Affairs
The Graduate School of Korean Studies
The Academy of Korean Studies
Email nylee at aks.ac.kr
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 170911 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Koreanstudies