[KS] Fw: Peter Bartholomew

Werner Sasse werner_sasse at hotmail.com
Thu May 13 05:50:32 EDT 2021

________________________________
From: Brother Anthony <ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr>
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2021 9:14 AM
To: Werner Sasse <werner_sasse at hotmail.com>
Subject: Fwd: Peter Bartholomew

Like this

--- Original Message ---
From    : "Brother Anthony"<ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr>
To      : "Korean Studies Discussion List"<koreanstudies at koreanstudies.com>
Date    : 2021/05/13 목요일 오후 1:50:49
Subject : Peter Bartholomew

RAS Korea and I personally regret to announce the sudden death of Peter Bartholomew. He spent several years in Gangneung as a Peace Corps volunteer in the 1960s and there developed a deep interest in the architecture, culture and history of late Joseon Korea. This continued while he established his company and led to his serving for 3 years as President of the Royal Asiatic Society in Korea. He loved Korea&#39;s traditional Hanok passionately and fought to preserve the few that survive, including his own house. Joseon was his great love. We are appalled to have lost him at such a young age, when he still had so much writing to do, to share his immense knowledge. May he rest in peace.

Brother Anthony
President Emeritus, RAS Korea