[KS] Job Opportunities: NSLI-Y and CLS Program Summer Resident Directors for Korean

Sydney Sparrow ssparrow at americancouncils.org
Wed Dec 21 09:59:27 EST 2022

Dear Colleagues:

American Councils for International Education is currently hiring 2023 Korean Resident Directors for language immersion programs of the Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) Program and the National Security Language Initiative for Youth (NSLI-Y) Program.

Resident Directors are the first-level of support for CLS students for the duration of the program. The Resident Director supports student success by ensuring the health and safety of the participants, helping them to maintain a language policy, and helping to acclimate them to life abroad.

The Resident Director position is a non-teaching position but requires a high level of proficiency in the target language. The approximate dates of the program are June to August; Resident Directors also attend a three-day training in May.

We seek individuals who have demonstrated student support experience for undergraduate and/or graduate students, or experience leading or supporting a study abroad or language immersion program. Applications review will begin in January 2023 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.

Click here to view a full list of the available Resident Director positions.<https://www.americancouncils.org/careers>

We also appreciate your help in sharing this announcement with your students, departments and/or networks of colleagues!

Best regards,

Sydney Sparrow

Sydney Sparrow (she/her/hers)
Program Officer, Japanese and Korean Languages
Critical Language Scholarship Program
American Councils for International Education
1828 L Street N.W., Suite 1200
Washington, D.C. 20036
T 202 833 7522
F 202 572 9106
www.americancouncils.org<http://www.americancouncils.org/>
www.clscholarship.org<http://www.clscholarship.org/>

The CLS Program is a Program of the U.S. Department of State.

American Councils protects the privacy of others and requires that our partners do the same with any information shared by American Councils. Please review our Data Access Agreement for more information: https://www.americancouncils.org/data-access-agreement