[KS] EAKLE 2022

Schirmer Andreas andreas.schirmer at univie.ac.at
Thu Jan 20 19:54:53 EST 2022

Dear colleagues,
I am pleased to announce that the 9th EAKLE Workshop will take place in Olomouc, Czech Republic. Scheduled for 30–31 August 2022, it can hopefully be conducted live and face-to-face, on-site. In the event that circumstances require alternative arrangements, however, we will be prepared for the workshop to be held either in hybrid or even fully online mode. Please consider and circulate our call for papers/proposals below (a Korean version is attached to this message).
Sincerely,
Andreas Schirmer
Dr. Andreas Schirmer
Korean Studies, Head of Section
Katedra asijských studií | Department of Asian Studies
Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci | Palacký University Olomouc
https://kas.upol.cz<https://kas.upol.cz/>
andreas.schirmer at upol.cz<mailto:andreas.schirmer at upol.cz>

EAKLE 2022

9th Biennial Workshop of the European Association for Korean Language Education

Palacky University Olomouc, Czech Republic, Department of Asian Studies

30–31 August, 2022

The European Association for Korean Language Education (EAKLE) invites abstract proposals from scholars, language teachers, postgraduate students and early career researchers for its biennial workshop, the 9th meanwhile, to be held at Palacky University Olomouc, Czech Republic.

With its biennial workshop, EAKLE provides a stage for scholars and teachers in the field of Korean language education to discuss and advance methods of teaching Korean that best suit the different students in the various countries of Europe. The workshop fosters collaboration among scholars and teachers and is also open to researchers on Korean linguistics and Korean literature insofar as their work pertains or can be connected to language education. It will feature presentations and discussions on a wide range of topics related to the teaching of Korean as a second language. The participants will discuss evergreen topics against the backdrop of new trends and insights gained through recent language education scholarship and experience, thus getting updates, fresh input and inspiration. We also encourage performances outside the box. Presentations may be “shows of best practice”, involving the audience and demonstrating hands-on solutions for actual challenges encountered in classroom.

Presentation proposals can be submitted in either Korean or English, with a maximum of 300 words in length. The proposals will be evaluated by a council of EAKLE board members and the organizer. Presentations must not exceed twenty minutes, ten minutes are reserved for discussion. Korean language instructors and Korean language acquisition researchers employed at European universities are the main target of this call. Our call is worldwide nonetheless, as we intend to include contributions from other parts of the world. We also encourage presentations of graduate students who work on topics pertaining to the areas covered by the EAKLE workshop. Thus, a limited number of travel grants for students enrolled in MA or PhD programs at a European university are available.

We are confident that the EAKLE 2022 workshop can be conducted live and face-to-face, on-site. In the event that circumstances require alternative arrangements, however, we will be prepared for the workshop to be held either in hybrid or even fully online mode.

For your application, please visit the EAKLE homepage (https://www.sites.google.com/view/eakle), fill out the online application form and upload your abstract. Accommodation will be offered to all participating presenters. Depending on available means, the offer of free accommodation might be extended to non-presenting participants in the order of graduate students, part-time lecturers, full time lecturers, and professors. For queries to the conference organiser write to: eakle2022 at upol.cz<mailto:eakle2022 at upol.cz>

Timeline:

Submission of abstracts: March 31, 2022.

Notification of acceptance: April 30, 2022.

Registration: May 1– June 30, 2022.

Submission of papers: July 31, 2022.

Workshop: August 30–31, 2022.

This conference is supported by the 2022 Korean Studies Grant Program of the Academy of Korean Studies (AKS-2022-C-011).