[KS] Monash Korean Studies Seminars are back this semester!

Soyeon Kim soyeon.kim at monash.edu
Tue Jul 26 03:24:50 EDT 2022

Dear Korean Studies members

I hope this email finds you well.
I am thrilled to let you know that our seminars are back for this semester
as well!
*Monash University Korean Studies Research Hub (MUKSRH)* has been holding
seminars on various topics related to Korean Studies, and our series for
this year has a number of interesting talks.  Please see below for the
planned talk series this semester.

Monash University Korean Studies Research Hub (MUKSRH) is proud to present:

Forthcoming events 2022

Seminar 4: *Korean language and gender*

*Speaker:* Professor. Minju Kim (Professor of Korean Department of Modern
Languages and Literatures Claremont McKenna College)

*Date: *8th August Monday 11am (AEST)

*Venue: *zoom

Seminar 5: *The Crash Landing of Crash Landing on You: Amalgamating Korean
Cinema’s Blockbuster Tendencies with Television*

*Speaker:* Dr. Ji-yoon An (Korea Foundation Visiting Assistant Professor in
Korean Studies at Nanyang Technological University’s Wee Kim Wee School of
Communication and Information, Singapore.)

*Date:* 19th August Friday, 12 pm (AEST)

*Venue: *Zoom

Seminar 6: *Co-writes, covers, and collaborations: Globalisation in K-pop
songwriting*

*Speaker:* Dr Sarah Keith (Senior Lecturer in Media and Music, MACQUARIE
UNIVERSITY)

*Date: *20th September 5 pm (AEST, hybrid)

*Venue:* T3, Ground Floor of the Matheson Library

Seminar 7: *Continuity Or Change: South Korea’s North Korean Policies in
the Democratic Era*

*Speaker:* Mr. Dylan Stent (Doctoral Student at Victoria University of
Wellington)

*Date:* 3rd October 2 pm (AEDT, hybrid)

*Venue:* TBA

Please register your interest for the first talk of this semester on Korean
language and Gender by Prof. Minju Kim in the link below:
*https://forms.gle/idy8tff7tFb6LNSVA <https://forms.gle/idy8tff7tFb6LNSVA>*

Looking forward to seeing many of you at our event.

Warmest regards,

*Soyeon Kim*

PhD candidate/ Teaching associate
Monash University Korean Studies Research Hub (MUKSRH) research assistant
School of Languages, Literatures, Cultures and Linguistics
Monash University
Clayton, Victoria, 3800
Australia

Email: Soyeon.Kim at monash.edu