[KS] Series of diverse talks coming up next week

Barbara Wall nabibabi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 18:32:07 EST 2022

Dear All,

As one part of the Nordic Korean Studies Days we have organized 9 talks
next week. Everybody is welcome!

Monday (March 7), Copenhagen: 12:45
Naomi Hyunjoo Chi (Hokkaido University)
*“Voices of the Voiceless People-The Underclass and Social Inclusion in
South Korea” *

Tuesday (March 8), Copenhagen: 09:15
Seongnae Kim (Sogang University)
*“Shamanic Epics and Narrative Construction of Identity on Cheju Island”*

Tuesday (March 8), Copenhagen: 12:45
Jocelyn Clark (Pai Chai University)
*“When ‘Music’ is not a ‘Universal Language’: Listening to the “Scattered
Melodies” 散調of Jeolla"*

Wednesday (March 9), Copenhagen: 09:15
Soo Ryon Yoon (Lingnan University)
*“Making Space for Afro-Asian Methods: Koule Kan's Burkinabe Performance in
South Korea” *

Wednesday (March 9), Copenhagen: 12:45
Amos Farooqi (University of Copenhagen)
*“Regional hip hop and the Seoul Metropole: A case study of underground hip
hop in Gwangju” *

Thursday (March 10), Copenhagen: 09:15
Mikyoung Kim (Pukyong University)
*“In the shadows of K-culture: Korea's Sex Industry” *

Thursday (March 10), Copenhagen: 12:45
Farrah Sheikh (Keimyung University)
*“Recycling European Narratives in South Korea's 'Refugee Crisis':
Islamophobia, #MeToo
<https://www.linkedin.com/feed/hashtag/?keywords=metoo&highlightedUpdateUrns=urn%3Ali%3Aactivity%3A6905079861463846912>,
and Yemeni Refugees on Jeju Island”  *

Friday (March 11), Copenhagen: 09:15
Hannes Mosler (University Duisburg-Essen)
*“The 2022 Presidential Election and the Future of Democracy in South
Korea”*

Friday (March 11), Copenhagen: 12:45
Javier Cha (Seoul National University)
*“Big Data and the Future of the Korean Humanities” *

We are using the same zoom link for all talks. Everybody is welcome!
Zoom link:
https://ucph-ku.zoom.us/j/68029812793?pwd=QmJmb3FmVWNhdjRaV2JhNDRCd0FLQT09

Best,
Barbara

*Barbara Wall *
Associate Professor Korean Studies

Department of Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies
University of Copenhagen
Karen Blixens Plads 8
DK-2300 Copenhagen S
DENMARK