[KS] Hiring 2 PhD students (paid positions): the 5-year project GOLEM (Graphs and Ontologies for Literary Evolution Models)

Seonok Lee seonok.lee2019 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 06:23:22 EST 2022

Hello,

See the below information.

2 PhD students for a 5-year project. These are fully paid positions
(monthly salary and tuition waiver)  with employment contracts.

Best
Seonok
---------------------
From: Pianzola, F. <f.pianzola at rug.nl>
Date: Sun, Nov 27, 2022 at 2:39 PM
Subject: PhD position for Korean speaker
To: S. Lee <seonok.lee at rug.nl>

Hello,

I hope you're doing well.

Here is the official announcement for the PhD position I mentioned some
time back. I hope you can help me sharing this.

Thanks,
Federico

In the context of the 5-year project GOLEM (Graphs and Ontologies for
Literary Evolution Models), I'm hiring 2 PhD students. Candidates with
knowledge of Korean or Indonesian are preferred:

https://www.rug.nl/about-ug/work-with-us/job-opportunities/?details=00347-02S0009QIP&cat=wp

Project:
In collaboration with the other team members, you will work on your own
multilingual and cross-cultural research project. The project is very
interdisciplinary, combining computational methods for the analysis of
language and culture, as well as psychometric experiments with readers. The
focus will be on changes over a time span of 20 years in how people write
(fanfiction) stories, in terms of themes, tropes, and style. In parallel,
you will also look at how these changes influence the reception of stories.
You will learn skills related to database management, linked data, data
science, machine learning, and experimental design for reading research.

The University of Groningen has a ‘Top 100’ position in several
international rankings.

https://golemlab.eu