[KS] U.S. visits by North Korean scholars in 1980s/1990s

Maya Stiller geumgangsan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 20:00:38 EST 2023

Dear Colleagues,

I am contacting you today on behalf of a colleague who has not subscribed
to this list but contacted me with the following request:

“Might anyone in the Korean Studies community have recollections of North
Korean historians ever visiting the United States in the 1980s and
presenting their work at a university and/or conference?”

So far, I have been unable to find anything related to this topic, other
than a delegation from Kim Il-Sung University visiting Columbia University
in the late 1990s.

I would be most grateful for any suggestions you might have. Feel free to
respond to this email or write to me directly at mstiller at ku.edu.

Thanks so much! I greatly appreciate your taking the time to consider this
request.

Kindest regards,

Maya Stiller

Associate Professor, Korean Art and Visual Culture, University of Kansas

Chair, Committee on Korean Studies, Association for Asian Studies (AAS)