[KS] 3-year Korean language lecturer search at Smith College

Irhe Sohn dalcat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 16:13:42 EST 2023

Dear colleagues,

Smith College is hiring a 3-year Korean language lecturer. While the deadlines is less than a month away, we hope to bring to our campus a great teacher who could help the Korean program develop and continue to grow. Below is the shorter version of the ad that is just approved. Please circulate this message and if you have any questions about this search, please email the search committee chair Sujane Wu (swu at smith.edu <mailto:swu at smith.edu>) or me (isohn at smith.edu <mailto:isohn at smith.edu>)

Best,
Irhe

Lecturers of Korean Language
The Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures at Smith College invites applications for a three-year, benefits eligible position at the rank of Lecturer to begin July 1, 2023.  The lecturer will teach five Korean language courses. Candidates must have a native or near-native fluency in Korean and English, and experience in language teaching at all levels, with a commitment to excellence in teaching. A Master’s degree in Korean language pedagogy or a related field, is expected by the time of appointment. Women, historically underrepresented minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.

Successful candidates should also be committed to working with diverse students across campus, participating in the development of the Korean curriculum, and actively engaging with current research on teaching Korean as a second language. Both positions are full time with full benefits. Candidates from underrepresented minorities are encouraged to apply. Details about the Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures may be found at https://www.smith.edu/academics/east-asian-languages-cultures. For more information and to apply, visit http://apply.interfolio.com/121778. Review of applications will begin on March 22, 2023. EO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.

--
Irhe Sohn 손이레 (he/him/his)

Assistant Professor of Korean
Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures
Smith College
Northampton, MA 01063