[KS] Call for Papers | Interpretation and Misinterpretation: 17th Annual Conference on Asian Studies | Olomouc, CZ & online

Schirmer Andreas andreas.schirmer at upol.cz
Mon May 15 07:22:27 EDT 2023

Dear Colleagues,
The Department of Asian Studies at Palacký University Olomouc is currently accepting proposals for its 17th Annual Conference on Asian Studies (ACAS) to be held on November 24-25, 2023 in Olomouc, Czech Republic, and online.
The general theme of the conference this year is "Interpretation and Misinterpretation". Contributions may focus on any aspect of cultures or societies in Asia (as well as their diasporic manifestations), provided a relation to our general theme.
We seek both synchronic and diachronic perspectives from anthropology, the arts, cultural geography, history, international relations, linguistics, literary studies, philosophy, political science, religion studies, sociology, and other fields within the humanities and social sciences. Interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary investigations are welcome.
The working language of the conference is English.
Proposals should be submitted in the form of abstracts via EasyChair. The deadline for submission is June 30, 2023.
We invite proposals in the following formats: 1) individual papers, 2) organized panels consisting of 3-4 papers, and 3) alternative formats (e.g., roundtable discussion, book presentation, film screening).
Please see the conference website http://acas.upol.cz/ for further details.
Any questions can be addressed to: acas at upol.cz<mailto:acas at upol.cz>
Sincerely,
Andreas Schirmer