[KS] Re: Using han'gul fonts

Henny Savenije adam&eve at henny-savenije.demon.nl
Fri Nov 19 06:13:29 EST 1999

At 11:56 AM 11/19/99 , you wrote:
>That's just not right. If my earlier message ever gets posted (for some
>reason, there are occasionally exceedingly irritating delays), you will see
>that there is indeed an import filter that will let you open HWP documents
>in MS Word. Rather than being so didactic, why not qualify your statement to
>say that based upon your experience, you do not believe it to be possible?

Well it's always possible that later developments are coming up of which I
am not aware, but I guess that's in software developments inevitable. But I
guess you have different experiences than many others, and your statements
are just as firm.

>In regard to standards for Korean e-mail, they most certaily do exist.

At the moment there are (as far as I know) two different standards, with
Unionway and hangul 97 I can read both (depending on the provider) Not so
with the Micro$oft Global IME, tried it on several computer with different
software installed.

Don't forget that many people have to work on computers which are
pre-installed with certain software and are not in the luxurious position
to try out all kinds of things on different computers. So what works for
one computer doesn't necessarily mean it works for another one. There are
no two computers or configurations the same, since everybody installs
his/her own preferences which invokes different DLL's being installed,
screen savers are known problem makers, and most people install them.

Henny  (Lee Hae Kang)

Feel free to visit
http://www.henny-savenije.demon.nl
and feel the thrill of Hamel discovering Korea (1653-1666)