[KS] sex education and public health in korea

Andrew Carter mongwon77 at yahoo.com.au
Sun Feb 23 05:43:37 EST 2003

I am commencing research for a minor thesis on sex education and public health in South Korea.  My thesis will investigate rapidly changing attitudes towards sexuality (particularly amongst the younger generation) and how this, with the absence of adequate sex education, may pose risks to public health.

I would like to find studies related to sexual health in either Korean or English.  Such studies could cover topics such as attitudes towards sexuality (as affected by generation, age, class, education), prevalence/ content of sex education, public health issues related to sexuality (AIDS, sexually transmitted disease, population policy).  I would also welcome purely empirical data, in English or Korea, related to these topics.

thank you

Andrew Carter,
Monash University