[KS] QUERY> Opinions on lexicographical/orthographical point

Werner Sasse werner_sasse at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 28 05:23:15 EDT 2010

Dear Charles,

in my opinion the version  [ko-hg] 양 (orth = 량) when in initial position, which reflects the official pronunciation in S-Kor would be the best, because most entries in the internet seem to follow this practice.

As a sideline, which may or may not be of interest: As the N-Kor official pronunciation keeps the initial riul, I have come to the habit to keep the initial riul in romanisation when the source is from N-Kor., in order to indicate the source language (and source culture)...

With best wishes for you and your wonderful work,
Werner Sasse