[KS] Guidelines for this list (was: Religious Intolerance in Korea )

Henny Savenije adam&eve at henny-savenije.demon.nl
Wed Aug 5 13:50:24 EDT 1998

I want to pick up this one, <br>
> Although posting guidelines should be followed (are there some<br>
>established for this list?), what is valuable information for some
will<br>
>inevitably be trash for others. We've all just got to keep in mind
that not<br>
>all postings are meant for us individually, but collectively.<br>
I can subscribe to this fully I think the posting guidelines should (as
the title suggests) be anything related to Korean studies, a very wide
subject indeed, but one people can follow, however does a subject like
this discussion belong in this list, I think so since other subject in a
minor form are allowed to certainly if one want to establish a guideline,
this is a list for us all and certainly we can make up some rules
altogether. I still don't like the cutting and pasting of newspaper
articles since one always can discuss the scientific value of a newspaper
article. and that's at the same time I would suggest a second guideline.
I think we could regard this list as a discussion forum about anything
scientific related to Korean studies I certainly think that a limited
amount of newspaper articles could contribute to that, if there are other
guidelines for this. we could also post a welcome page in order to make
everybody acquainted with these rules. And appoint a moderator who make
people stick to those rules, there are already too many discussion groups
which end up in pointless name giving and flaming each other. I would
look to look at this list as a scientific newspaper.<br>
Just wanted to throw this in.</font>
<BR>
URL>http://www.henny-savenije.demon.nl/index2.htm</a>
and you can feel the thrill about the adventures of Hamel in Korea=
 (1653-1666)