[KS] Re: McCune-Reischauer question

Gary Rector redarrow at uriel.net
Fri Aug 28 03:35:00 EDT 1998

No apostrophe should be used after the _g_ in _P'y^ongyang_, _chungin_, or
the like. The apostrophe should be used to show that the _n_ and _g_
belong in separate syllables, as in _w^on'go_ ('manuscript'), for
instance. _Ng_ when not separated by an apostrophe is always taken to
represent _i^ung patch'im_.

Gary Rector