[KS] Re: Religious Intolerance

Gary Rector redarrow at uriel.net
Wed Aug 5 23:18:42 EDT 1998

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, G. Cameron Hurst wrote:

> I find  that virtually all Korean students who take my Korean
> civilization course at Penn are Christian, or are from families
> professing to be Christian. I do know that most are woefully
> under-informed of the Buddhist
> and even Confucian philosophical traditions of their parents' homeland.

Even here in Korea many Christians are ill-informed about Buddhism,
Confucianism, and Korea's shamanic traditions. And what is even more
surprising, all too many (I would guess, most, actually, but I don't have
hard statistics to back this up) are not well-informed about Christian
doctrine or church history, either.

Gary Rector