[KS] search for scholars

Yuh Ji-Yeon jiyeon at sas.upenn.edu
Mon Aug 31 14:19:54 EDT 1998

hi fellow list members,

the association for asian american studies is holding its annual conference
in philadelphia next spring. in light of that geographical location, we are
looking to put together a panel on philip jaisohn, the independence
conference in philadelphia in april 1919, and the participation of korean
immigrants in the korean independence movement. we would be interested in
research from any discipline that addresses these areas.

i have been asked to organize this panel and thus am looking for potential
panelists.
could scholars who do work in these areas and would be interested in
presenting their work on such a panel please contact me by email or letter
by sept. 20, 1998. alternatively, if you know of such scholars who may not
see this notice, please let me know about them and i will get in touch with
them directly.

the address is:
Ji-Yeon Yuh
3660 N. Lake Shore Dr. #1101