[KS] Re: .Re: first message

Ejkmrm at aol.com Ejkmrm at aol.com
Wed Dec 16 21:19:06 EST 1998

I'll admit that US economic sanctions have contributed in some way to the
North's economic misery and we haven't lived up to the Framework by relaxing
some sanctions; that said, inefficient agricultural practices and a command
economy have done much more to doom the North than US sanctions ever could.
Ask anybody who has ever visit Najin-Sonbong (no longer called a 'free' trade
zone), you'd be crazy to invest there.

My impression from going to all the Korea-related functions around DC is that
everyone accepts that the regime won't collapse anytime soon.  Perhaps 3 or 4
years ago that wasn't the case but I think people have come to see that the
economy may have collapsed, but the regime probably won't.