[KS] Asian American Series At CMC (fwd)

Carolyn So cso at BENSON.MCKENNA.EDU
Thu Oct 8 23:23:12 EDT 1998

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 10:16:54 -0700
From: "Alison M. De La Cruz" <adelacruz at POMONA.EDU>
To: All AARC E-Mail:  ;
Subject: Asian American Series At CMC

For your Information!

--forwarded information----
Claremont Colleges community members,

As the coordinator of the lecture series entitled, "The State of Asian
America: Identity, Politics, and Culture," it is my pleasure to invite you
all to attend four upcoming events related to this series sponsored by the
Gould Center for Humanistic Studies at Claremont McKenna College.

Please mark your calendars for the following:

Mon., Oct. 12		Senator Daniel Inouye (D-Hawaii), senior member of
			U.S. Senate, will share reflections on Asian
			Americans and the world of electoral politics.

Wed., Oct. 21  		Renee Tajima-Pena, Independent Filmmaker, will be
			speaking and presenting clips from her film, "My
			America," winner at the Sundance Film Festival.

Thur., Nov. 5		Chang-rae Lee, Novelist, has written the
			highly-acclaimed _Native Speaker_ and will be
			reading from his new novel, _Black Flag_.

Thur., Nov. 19		Prof. Sucheta Mazumdar, Duke University, will be
			addressing the issue of the Asian diaspora as it
			relates to the fields of Asian and Asian American
			studies.

All events will take place at the Marian Miner Cook Athenaeum on the CMC
campus.  The lectures begin at 6:45 PM and are free and open to the
public.