[KS] Tea etc

anthony at ccs.sogang.ac.kr anthony at ccs.sogang.ac.kr
Thu Sep 3 20:23:45 EDT 1998

I think I already indicated the presence within my home pages of a
series of pages devoted to Tea?
http://www.sogang.ac.kr/~anthony/kortea.htm
but anyone seriously interested in the topic, and with a computer that
can read Korean, and with a high level of Chinese-character proficiency,
should be reading the pages slowly being put up by Kim Chang-su in his
spare time:
http://soback.kornet.nm.kr/~ccsskim/
They cover Chinese as well as Korean tea and will eventually extend to
Japan too. You have detailed distinctions between the different kinds,
poems about tea, biographies of tea masters... He works in the computing
section of a company, and is still only in his 30s; tea is simply a
passion for him.
Alas, bad news. The extraordinary site with Korean & English texts about
almost every aspect of Korean traditional dance, music, as well as
buildings, including pictures, audio and video snips, that was
http://expo.dacom.co.kr has ceased to exist. Does anyone know why? Or
who made it in the first place? It must have taken ages to make and it
seems such a waste for a resource like that simply to vanish. I tried
calling Dacom but did not get very far although at least the URL no
longer sends one to a screen-saver site as it did before...
Brother Anthony (An Sonjae)
Sogang University, Seoul