[KS] Arts Management

Hea J Son drp01hjs at gold.ac.uk
Tue Sep 29 08:33:07 EDT 1998

1) I am researching Arts Management in Korea, USA and UK.
does anyone have knowledge or opinions about how the arts in Korea are
managed by the national government, local government, private
organisations etc.?

2) I am going to LA next week to do research on Korean culture, asking
questions such as:
How do Korean in LA see themselves?
How Korean in LA relate themselves to Korea?
How do Americans see Korean and Korean culture?
How do black Americans see Korean?
How do Chinese and other Asian American see Korean?
Do Americans distinguish between Korean, Chisese and Japanes?
What is happening to Korean culture in the USA?
Are Young Koreans different, culturally etc, from their parents'
generation?
Is there such a thing as a Korean artistic culture in USA?
If anybody out there has an idea for where I should go and who I should
contact please get in touch.
Thanks.